A WORD FROM DAVE:
Are you ready to maximize your life potential? Because if you are- we got the tools to help you do it!
The entire month of January we will be focusing on our Anabolic Fast- we’ve already got over 100 people committed to doing it, won’t you join us? If you ever wanted to try it, now is the time!
We are offering Purium's very popular Anabolic Fast at a MAJOR discount ($55 OFF of retail price!) AND we will be supporting you through your endeavor for the entire month!
Because of the growing number of fasters we have joining us- we have put together an Anabolic Fast Support Group that will meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 7- 7:30 PST (approximately). To take advantage and join our support group, please call in on our conference call line by dialing 212-461-5800 and then enter pin code #8246 when prompted.
Want to learn more about what the fuss is about? This past Wednesday on our Consumer Education call, Amy and I discussed the Fast extensively. We discussed:
- How/why an ANABOLIC fast is superior to the typical Catabolic fast programs out there (which are counterproductive and put you into that harmful 'starvation mode')
- How it feeds your cells
- How it pushes out toxins
- How it can break your addiction to processed food & over-eating
- How it is a self-esteem building tool
- How it cleanses your body & mind
- How it changed Tin Tin Puulei's life and will change your life, too...and so much more!
To listen to this archived call from January 5th, 2011- please call our replay line at (212) 461-8911 or go to www.phporder.com and go to Education.
The Anabolic Fast was also the subject of Living, Loving, and Laughing with Dave Sandoval on Tuesday, January 2, and 'How to Get Off the Fast Successfully' was the featured subject on Wednesday, January 3- you can access my archived shows on www.blogtalkradio.com/askdavesandoval.
We will continue to touch on this subject on my show for the rest of January, so please feel free to call in and ask ANY questions that may come up while you are following the program! The show is held at 10 am PST/ 1 pm EST and can be streamed in or you can call in at (714) 868-0238.
Not quite ready for 7 days of fasting? Let me suggest a slightly modified fast- that is very simple. It is a 14 day Rotation diet- You simply follow the Anabolic Fast program one day, eat healthy meals the next day and continue to alternate between the fast and eating healthy meals for 14 days.
Remember to bite off what you can chew- be realistic and you will start off your year with a positive, uplifting experience!
Author of The Green Foods Bible/ Founder of Purium Health Products
Get a Fresh Start in 2011 & Leave 2010 Behind - Cleanse Your Body AND Your Spirit Using Purium’s Anabolic Fast!
Unlike other fasts, the "Anabolic" Fasting Pack was designed to help your body be completely satiated on the cellular level and actually become stronger, this pack is good for fasts lasting up to 7 days (or less).
Other fasts typically call for you to dramatically decrease the volume of calories and quantity of food you ingest. When fasting in this manner, your body will experience a form of stress that causes metabolic trauma and muscle wasting. Your cells will begin to send starvation signals to your brain, Ketosis sets in and your body begins to suffer from severe nutrient deficiencies. These are called catabolic (breaking down) chemical reactions. This is why David Sandoval and Purium are offering a much better alternative- PHP's “Anabolic” fast was designed to make sure that your body will be completely satiated on the cellular level and you will actually become stronger as each day goes by.
Power Shake 1065 g.
Apothe-Cherry 16 oz.
40X Aloe Vera Concentrate 4.5 oz.
Master Amino Complex 150 ct.
Organic Tropic Oil 16 oz.
Herbal Fiber Cleanse 180 ct.
Offer valid January 1- 31, 2011
The Story: 40 Days & 40 Nights
CELEBRITY FITNESS TRAINER ERIC NIES FASTS FOR WORLD HUNGER…& GETS OUTRAGEOUSLY HEALTHY AND FIT AT THE SAME TIME. - By Melissa Block.
Eric Nies first found fame on MTV’s Real World, where he quickly became a favorite for his chiseled physique and his overall great attitude. Nies then became the host of The Grind and made several hip-hop dance exercise videos that are still some of the highest-rated, top-selling workout videos.
This year, to try to raise awareness about world hunger, he embarked on a 40-day fast. “If each overweight person gave up a meal a day, and we could somehow redirect that food to the needy, we could feed every starving man, woman, and child in the world,” he reasoned. He sought to set the example by giving up all of his meals for 40 days!
Nies began by consuming nothing but cocktails of water, cayenne pepper, and lemon. Fourteen days later, he realized there was no way he’d be able to stick with this for 40 days: He was weak, dizzy, tired; his muscles were dissolving! He called his buddy David Sandoval for advice. When Sandoval discovered what Nies was up to, he put together a program that would allow his friend to finish his fast with energy to spare. He instructed Nies to consume three to four power drinks a day, made from the following products:
- Aktivated Barley: a super-slow-burning polysaccharide carbohydrate
- Rice Bran Solubles: a natural source of tocotrienols, Q10, vitamins B1, B2, B3, and B6, beta-sitosterol, and gamma-oryzanol.
- Organic Kamut Blend: an alkalizing, oxygenating, nutrient-dense wheatgrass juice powder.
- Organic Carrot Juice Powder: a carotene-rich, high-energy whole food
- Spirulina: with a nutritional profile including GLA, glycogen, B-vitamins and pure vegetarian protein.
- MAC - the Ultimate Vegetarian Protein Source: This patented amino acid formula is perfect for anyone who wants to shed fat and build muscle. (aka Purium’s Master Amino Complex- referred to as Master Amino Acid Pattern or MAP in the Physician’s Desk Reference)
- Organic Tropic Oil: extra virgin organic coconut oil, great for sustained energy, detoxification, and digestive health.
Before bed, Nies combined a Tart Cherry Concentrate (a natural source of melatonin and high-powered antioxidants) with Aloe Vera 40X Concentrate (promotes intestinal motility and intestinal healing and health). The plan contained, overall, less than 600 calories a day.
Physical, Emotional, & Spiritual Transformation
Nies was able to complete the 40-day fast comfortably, at Sandoval’s Oasis Retreat in the High Sierras of California. In the first days of the fast, he had lost 23 pounds. While on the program designed by Sandoval, he gained 13 pounds of pure muscle. He was able to work out, and his energy was high. During the second phase of Nies’ fast blood samples were analyzed with modern techniques called quantum biofeedback analysis and live blood cell analysis. These tests show levels of proteins, minerals, and vitamins and other cellular indicators of overall health. After three weeks, every protein, mineral, and vitamin was within the perfect range for wellness.
Sandoval reported to DPHL: “The analysts had no idea that Eric was fasting; they were totally incredulous when they were told that he’d been living on 600 calories a day for weeks. ‘Impossible!’ they said—but it wasn’t!”
Why would they be so disbelieving? “With most fasts, you’re weaker when you’re done,” Sandoval said. “You get muscle wasting, nutrient deficiencies, atrophied organs…there’s no intestinal motility, so you don’t flush out toxins and bacteria.”
None of this happened on Sandoval’s “anabolic” fast.
Nies revealed that his fast affected far more than his physical self: “I had anticipated all of the physical elements of the fast, but the mental and emotional ones caught me off guard... As the days went by, the suffering and guilt that came with those reflections began to disappear. I felt a new sense of self, I connected with something completely foreign to me: a feeling of total bliss and serenity, a feeling that each of us deserves to experience.”
“I have fasted several times but nothing compared to this. I can’t express how healthy, focused and light I feel. If you have emotional baggage, are feeling overwhelmed, you’d like to lose weight or you’re struggling with some sort of addiction—, eliminating solid foods while supporting your system with these ‘superfood’ supplements will set you off in a new direction, even if you fast for 3 to 7 or 10 days, you’ll get a sample of what I’m talking about.”
PURIUM’s (7 Day) Anabolic Fast Protocol
The protocol below was designed by David Sandoval and used by Eric Nies to complete his 40 day fast. This is an anabolic fast.
Other fasts call for you to dramatically decrease the volume of calories and quantity of food you ingest. When typically fasting, your body will experience a form of stress that causes metabolic trauma and muscle wasting. Your body goes into starvation mode. Your cells will begin to send starvation signals to your brain, Ketosis sets in and your body begins to suffer from severe nutrient deficiencies. These are called catabolic (breaking down) chemical reactions.
On the “Anabolic” fast we have outlined below, your body will be completely satiated on the cellular level and you will actually become stronger as each day goes by. Your body will use stored fat, not muscle, to fuel your cells and there is no “rebound effect” once the fast is over.
Power Shake™ Drink 1 shake every 4 hours while awake. Drink 3 – 4 shakes per day. Contains Organic Kamut Blend, Spirulina, Rice Bran Solubles, Aktivated Barley and Carrot Juice, each ingredient is also sold separately. May have more as needed. (Please note that the Creamy Vanilla Meal Option is not part of the 7 Day Fast Pack as it is optional). Mix 5 tbsp. (2 scoops) of the Power Shake with 8-20 oz of water. You may add 2 tbsp of the Creamy Vanilla Meal Option (optional) for flavor, if you desire.
Master Amino Complex (MAC)™ Take 2 tablets per day for every 25 lbs. of body weight. Spread your daily requirement out and take some morning, mid day and night. Best to take 2 hours after drinking the shake for optimal energy level. Take more as needed- up to 20 per day.
Herbal Fiber Cleanse™ Take 6 capsules daily with 8 oz. of water. Take 3 capsules in the morning and 3 capsules in the afternoon or evening.
Apothe-Cherry™ & 40X Aloe Vera Concentrate™ Drink
With 8 oz. of water, mix 1 tbsp of the Apothe-Cherry concentrate and 1 tsp of the Aloe Vera concentrate. Drink 30-60 min prior to bedtime.
Organic Tropic Oil™ (pure, extra virgin, raw coconut oil) Take 1 tbsp (3 tsp spread out over the day) if you need more energy or crave fat. Let melt in mouth until it slides down throat.
Note: This plan results in the consumption of less than 600 calories daily when drinking 3 shakes per day (not including Creamy Vanilla Meal Option).
Please note the schedule may be adapted to fit your individual schedule. The intervals between supplements are what is important to take from the following timeline:
- 7:45 am Wake up, drink 16 oz of water
- 8:00 am Drink 1st Power Shake (may add Meal Option)- and take 3 Herbal Fiber Cleanse
- 10:00 am Take 1/3 supply of MAC daily servings with full glass of water.
- 1:00 pm Drink 16 oz of water then drink 2nd Power Shake
- 3:00 pm Take another 1/3 of your daily serving of MAC with full glass of water
- 5:00 pm Drink 16 oz of water and then drink 3rd Power Shake, - take 3 Herbal Fiber Cleanse
- 7:00 pm Have remaining daily serving of MAC with full glass of water
- 9:00 pm Drink 16 oz of water, may have 4th Power Shake at this time
- 10:00 pm Mix Apothe-Cherry with water and take approx. 30-60 min before bed
Helpful hints & approved options:
- Water – Be sure to drink at least ½ your body weight in ounces of water per day. It is very important to keep your body hydrated. During the fast you can consume up to your body weight in ounces of water each day. You may add Ionic Elements to your water (or green drink) if you desire to further hydrate and replenish minerals.
- Reminder: The water in your Power Shake is not to be counted in your ‘water needs’ calculation!
- You may add coconut water (juice from fresh young coconut) or raw apple juice to your Power Shake as Eric Nies likes to do.
- You may have 1-3 tsp per day of Organic Tropic Oil as needed for energy and to satisfy cravings for fat. Eric also likes to freeze his tablespoon of coconut oil and then suck on it until it melts. It tastes like a treat!
- Adding Aloe Vera juice to your Apothe-Cherry will further encourage intestinal motility.
- Another way to encourage intestinal motility is by taking the Daily Fiber Blend ½ hr to an hour before taking Apothe-Cherry.
- You may add lemon to your drinking water if desired. Take two whole lemons and squeeze the juice into 2 quarts of water.
- If you really feel that you must cheat, there are 3 approved cheat foods. Above all else, DO NOT QUIT! You can do it AND you will feel so much better about yourself and your health when you accomplish this goal!
- If you crave something crunchy, you may have 1 small apple or ½ of a large apple.
- If you crave something savory, you may have 1 small avocado or ½ of a large avocado with sea salt.
- If you crave something sweet, you may have a slice of watermelon.
Salt / Cherry Flush (Optional)
If you are not eliminating regularly on your own during the fast, every other day you can flush your bowels of accumulated waste and toxins by doing the following.
- Wake up 1 hour early to allow time to complete the flush
- Mix 1 qt. of warm water with 2 tsp of Himalayan sea salt (or other non-iodized natural salt)
- In a separate glass, mix 4 tbsp. of Apothe-Cherry with 12 oz. cold water
- Drink the salt water (from step 2).
- Immediately lie down on your right side for 20 minutes, keeping the Apothe-Cherry drink in reach
- Drink the Apothe-Cherry o Resume laying on right side for 20 additional minutes
- Sit on toilet with feet elevated several inches off the ground. You can use a couple of thick books, small stool, trashcan or a Welles Step.
- You should “empty out” in a few minutes.
Reminder: DO NOT pass gas unless sitting on the toilet Results may vary on the initial salt cherry flush. Try the next day and you should be successful.
TIPS FOR ENDING YOUR FAST SUCCESSFULLY
- Day 1: The day after ending the fast- eat watermelon for the first ½ of the day (making sure to chew very thoroughly) and vegetable broth for the remainder of the day. Take 3 servings of PURIUM’s Advanced Probiotic Blend (total of 6 capsules).
- Day 2: Eat watermelon in the morning, mashed avocado with lemon and sea salt at lunch and vegetable soup in the evening. Take 2 servings of the Advanced Probiotic Blend (total of 4 capsules).
- Day 3: On the third day you may add protein, carbohydrates, and fat in moderation and eat as much raw food as possible. Take 1 serving of the Advanced Probiotic Blend (total of 2 capsules).
- We suggest continuing to drink Power Shakes on a daily basis to nutritionally supplement your food intake, to control hunger and to support healthy blood sugar levels.
- Remember- every ‘body’ is different! Some people may benefit from fasting once a month, others prefer to fast for 3 or 4 days, while others may fast up to 7 days or more, but please note that fasting for 40 days is not easy for the average person. If you have medical conditions of concern, please see a doctor specializing in integrative medicine.
- Please see our archived Consumer Education Conference call titled “How to talk to your Health Care Provider” from 3/26/08, if you would like advice on how best to approach your doctor on the subject of nutrition. To be empowered by this invaluable call, click on the Education tab at the top of the Home page of www.Puriumorder.com, then click on “Listen & Learn” and then listen online.
- FREE health and nutrition consultations are available with Purium staff naturopathic doctor, Dr Michael Wohlfeld, ND, with no strings attached! Please call (800) 962 5433 (LIFE) or email him at askPuriumdoc@gmail.com
- Free 15-minute personal consultations with David Sandoval (formulator of the Fasting Protocols and owner of PuriumF) are also available upon request! Please call (888) 747-6733 or e-mail info@Puriumorder.com and Customer Service will happily set up a time that is mutually convenient.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.